When logged in as a Farm Admin, navigated to site root, then "Site Settings" > "Site collection features" > "Presto Web Parts" - Activate spits out an error: blah, blah, blah, could not be updated because the current user is not a Farm Administrator. The zone of the assembly that failed was: My Computer
But I am logged into the SP site as a Farm Admin.
I also tried switching the web app pool to be the one used by SP Central Admin...same error.
Any ideas on what I can try to prove this SP 2010 integration thing actually works?
1. Downloaded JackBe Mashup Server 3.0, and SP 2007_2010 MSI
2. Obtained key
3. Installed JackBe server on box with SharePoint 2010 Enterprise as a single box farm
4. Installed key and Configured JackBe
5. Tested, all's well
6. Installed SP 2007_2010 MSI; installed complained about missing WSS 3.0, so resorted to manual JackBe.wsp deployment
7. Manual deployment went fine, all but one JackBe features can be activated
The current download supports SharePoint 2007, though we are finalizing and testing for SP 2010 currently and will have this available for you soon.
Out of interest, what sort of use cases are you working on?
VP App Platform Eng, JackBe firstname.lastname@example.org