The Mash-for-Cash Mashup Contest
How Do You Get Started?
- Download Presto from JackBe’s Mashup Developer Community (MDC).
- Get mashin’. The mashier the better.
- If you have a question, feel free to post it in the MDC Forums.
The top 3 Mash-for-Cash mashups will receive American Express gift cards. That's a cool $2500 for first, $1000 for second, and $500 for third. (We suggest you buy a new iPhone or MacBook Air but hey, it’s your money.) Oh, and you'll get a few minutes of fame too 'cause we're gonna post your winning mashup RIGHT ON OUR HOMEPAGE.
Winners will be selected through a poll open to all members of the MDC. You'll be judged on many things, but the most important are these:
- Your mashup should strive to be bug-free, innovative, easy to use and focused on 'enterprisey' issues.
- Your mashup must be developed with Presto Developer Edition 2.6.
How to Submit Your Mashup
Submit your mashup to email@example.com and label it 'My Mash-for-Cash Submission'. Make sure you give us:
- Your name (and company, if you want).
- A summary of the in-and-outs of your mashup. A single paragraph will do.
- A reliable way to contact you (duh!).
- Your mashup code.
- One or more of the following: a URL to your live mashup, a video demonstration of your mashup, screenshots of your mashup.
Submissions must be made by December 31st at 5pm EST. Please don't submit any mashups that show proprietary, sensitive or embarrassing data! And, yes, you can submit more than one mashup.
A Little Creative Help
We’ve created a few examples to help you get your mashup juices flowing. They are:
- Datacenter Mashup: Video
- Competitive Intelligence Mashup: Video, Live
- People Finder Mashup: Video, Live
- Carpool Mashup: Live
And here's a few tips:
- You can use any additional tools you want to enhance your mashup. For example, you should consider using the embedded Ext JS 2.0 libraries to create you mashup UI.
- The folks at ProgrammableWeb have given us 50 of their best web APIs to use in making Presto mashups. Grab the script here, follow the install instructions here, and use 'em as inspiration and input to your mashups.
- Since this is a community for ENTERPRISE mashers, let's try to avoid the 'Paris Hilton Ate Ice Cream Here' mashup, OK?
- Check out the Videos, Code Samples and Demos here on the MDC. You might find stuff to help you along.
Yep, the lawyers require this stuff. We reserve the right to amend or improve the rules of the Mash-for-Cash Contest. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel the Mash-for-Cash Contest. All submitted mashups become the property of JackBe and may be used for promotion or exhibition. JackBe assumes no responsibility for data submitted by contest participants. We reserve the right to exclude submissions that are deemed inappropriate.
A Recap of the Important Stuff
- The mashup must be developed with Presto Developer Edition 2.6.
- Submissions must be made by December 31st at 5pm EST.
- The top 3 mashups will get cash!
Got a Question? Post it in the MDC Forums. Now get mashin'.